There is this Turkey Hill pumpkin pie ice cream that I used to be obsessed with. It was so good. Obviously, since going vegan I do not eat it. I’ve found plenty of pumpkin recipes to make to hit the spot since then and I haven’t really felt like I’ve been missing out. However, I now have an ice cream maker. That means I can make my own pumpkin pie ice cream. And I did. And it’s amazing. I was nervous it wouldn’t be as good as the Turkey Hill kind but it is so good and I am happy with how it turned out. So, if you are in the same boat as me and miss the Turkey Hill pumpkin pie ice cream or you just love pumpkin, check this recipe out! It didn’t even make it to the freezer. We all ate it fresh out of the ice cream maker. No shame.
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Puree
- Graham Crackers
- Oil or vegan butter of choice
- Set aside 1/2 cup of coconut milk and pour the rest into a blender.
- Add 3/4 of the can of pumpkin puree to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to taste. Blend.
- Pour into a sauce pan and heat.
- Add sweetener and salt. Whisk together.
- Mix the cornstarch with the 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Make sure it is clump-free.
- Add to the sauce pan and heat until thickened (approximately 6 minutes).
- Remove from heat, let cool, then add the vanilla. Let it sit in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Add one pack of graham crackers to a food processor and blend until it looks like sand.
- Sprinkle some of the graham cracker dust onto the ice cream base and mix together.
- Slowly add oil or margarine to the rest of the graham cracker dust until it is sticking together.
- Once the ice cream is churning, add the rest of the graham cracker mix to create a swirl of graham cracker throughout the ice cream. Once it reaches the desired consistency, remove from the ice cream maker and eat it right out of the bowl because you won’t be able to stop 🙂